In addition to financial aid, scholarships can greatly help you to pay for your post-secondary education or graduate degree! There are many different scholarships available, but we believe in giving back to our members, which is why we will be giving away one $1,000 scholarship in 2018! The task is pretty simple, and we are looking forward to receiving the applications.
In the past, Winslow Community Federal Credit Union has granted two, $500 scholarships, but this year we thought that one $1,000 scholarship would be more helpful. This $1,000 scholarship is eligible for someone who is looking to pursue a post-secondary education or graduate degree.
Please note that our requirements and application has changed from last year.
- Must be a member of Winslow Community Federal Credit Union
- Acceptance to an accredited college, university, or technical school for post-secondary education
- Demonstrates passing grades in all subjects during your high school years.
There is a basic application portion along with the following:
Please answer the questions below and provide us with one letter of recommendation. Attach both to this page and return completed application by April 30th to Winslow Community Federal Credit Union, 12 Monument Street, Winslow, ME 04901 or via email to email@example.com.
- Please list your extracurricular activities and/or community volunteer
- Briefly describe your short and long term goals
- Describe the most embarrassing moment of your life and explain what you learned from that experience and how it has made you a better or stronger person
- Why are you a good candidate to receive this award?
If you are interested, please download and fill out the below application and return by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), mail (12 Monument Street, Winslow), or drop it off.